Some ideas, questions and advice from a great conversation I had today.
- If he’s not responding to your emails, just give him a ring.
- Why don’t you sit down at the piano, take a song and play it how Stevie Wonder would play it? Then play the same song how John Legend would play it. Then play it how Elton John would play it.
- One reason people have mentors is to give them permission to go for the ideas they already had in their heads.
- Start with transcribing a solo – it will give you a reason to practice everything else.
- If you already have lots to work on, do you really need to enrol in another course?
- Pick the students you enjoy teaching most, decide why you enjoy teaching them, then figure out how you can make their learning experience even better.
- It’s a beautiful day – go for a walk.